12/13/18 NFFE 1450 Membership Meeting
|CALL IN NUMBER Toll free:||000 000 0000|
|Host Passcode:||000 000 0000 (Anna Dennis use only)|
|Participant Passcode:||000 000 0000|
|• Press *6 to mute or “un-mute” line.|
|• Press *4 to increase conference volume.|
|• Press *7 to decrease conference volume.|
|• Press *5 to increase your voice volume.|
|• Press *8 to decrease your voice volume.|
- Call to Order 11:32am: Anna Dennis
- Conductor Sentinel Announcement: Anna Dennis
- Roll Call of Executive Board Members: Anna Dennis
President, Dennis Murakami excused
Vice President, Ken Einbinder✓
Treasurer, Lisa Barnard excused
Recording-Secretary, Sue Sheftel✓
Conductor Sentinel, Anna Dennis ✓
Trustee, Janie Lopez ✓
Trustee, Robin Thompson excused
Trustee, Toulu Thao excused
Business Representative, Jan Thompson
- Roll Call of Offices: Anna Dennis
Albuquerque (SWONAP) ✓
Los Angeles ✓
San Francisco ✓
Santa Ana ✓
- Secretary’s Report: Sue Sheftel
- Minutes from 11/29/18 Membership meeting
Read into Record: Susan Sheftel
Motion to Adopt: Anna Dennis
Second: Janie Lopez
- Membership Report
Ferne Boggs, Santa Ana, 12/10/18
- Treasurer’s Report (see attached)
Read into record: Sue Sheftel
- Regional Issues:
- New Developments in NFFE 1450: Ken Einbinder
- Reported that management issued a contingency plan for shutdown to all employees. If use or lose is cancelled because of a shutdown, agencies are encouraged to allow the leave to be taken in 2019 because of the exigent circumstances.
- Discussed status of litigation involving May 25th Executive Orders
- Reported on memo from San Francisco Multi-Family regarding telework
- Bargaining: Ken Einbinder
Nothing to report
- Office Reports
Phoenix/Albuquerque (Ken Einbinder)
- Reported that NFFE is representing an employee at a step 1 grievance hearing challenging performance appraisal.
- NFFE is representing an employee who filed a grievance against manager for manager’s improper approval of grantee’s budget.
Los Angeles (Anna Dennis)
- Reported that employee may request NFFE’s help in January for a 5-day telework reasonable accommodation.
San Francisco (Sue Sheftel)
- NFFE is representing employee in step one grievance hearing over performance appraisal. A data request was also submitted in this case.
- NFFE represented an employee at step 2 hearing grieving a reprimand. We are waiting for management’s decision.
- NFFE sat in on program planning meeting for environmental group
- NFFE is helping employee get hardship transfer to care for family member.
Santa Ana (Peter Ludlam)
- Discussed Performance Planning EPPES for underwriters
- NFFE is representing employee in step 2 grievance regarding unfair selection and denial of promotion.
Las Vegas/Reno (Janie Lopez)
- NFFE member Gail Osgood is planning to retire at the end of December.
- There are no plans to hire in the Las Vegas office.
- Discussion about USA Jobs announcement for FHEO GS 13 positions.
- Discussion about suggested resources if a shutdown occurs.
Meeting adjourned: 12:22pm
Meeting Notes Approved by the Membership on 2/28/19