Members of NFFE Local 1450 are Bargaining Unit Employees (BUEs) who voluntarily pay their union dues. Members are protected by the standards of conduct provisions of the Civil Service Reform Act of 1978 (CSRA). These rights and responsibilities ensure union democracy, financial integrity, and transparency. The Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS) is the Federal agency with primary authority to enforce many standards of conduct provisions.
Bill of Rights – As a member of NFFE-1450, your rights include:
- Equal rights to participate in union activities,
- Equal freedom of speech and assembly,
- Voice in setting rates of dues, fees, and assessments,
- Protection of the right to sue,
- Safeguards against improper discipline